A&M football field moves to its current stadium site. It is called “New Athletic Field”.
Student body adopts a resolution naming the field Scott Field in honor of Don Scott, famed Olympic runner and Bulldog football standout from 1915-1916.
Permanent seating for 3,000 fans is built on the west side of Scott Field at a cost of $15,000. In addition, there are portable stands with a similar capacity.
Work starts on concrete stands on the west side with W.P.A. labor. The new concrete facility will seat 8,000 people while steel bleachers on the east side and in the end zones bring capacity to 20,000.
Scott Field is enlarged to a capacity of 35,000 by increasing the west side concrete stands to 15,000 and construction of 12,000 concrete seats. There are also 3,000 seats in the two end zones.
End zone seating structures are removed, actually lowering capacity to 32,000
A $7.2 million expansion occurs, adding 9,000 seats to Scott Field’s west side, including a 5,500-seat upper deck. 1,700 chairback seats extending from the stadium’s original structure, and another 1,000 chairbacks flanking the Bob Harley Press Box. Two 1,700-seat sections were also added to the east side stands, bring total capacity of the facility to 40,656.
Plans are announced for the largest expansion project in the stadium’s history. A $30 million effort, backed largely by longtime MSU supporter Davis Wade, will add an estimated 10,500 seats and 50 luxury skyboxes, bringing total capacity to approximately 55,000 by the 2002 season. The new stadium will be named Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field.
Construction begins on the first phase of the plans announced in 1999. The phase will complete the 50 luxury skyboxes and 1,700 club level seats in time for the 2001 season.
Construction begins on the second phase of the plans announced in 1999. The phase adds 7,000 upper deck seats. Construction is completed in the time for the MSU-Mississippi game November 22. An MSU-Record crowd of 51,112 witnesses the game.
In Coach Dan Mullen’s inaugural season, fans and supporters flocked to Davis Wade Stadium shattering previous season attendance records by over 70,000 at seasons end. The 2009 campaign ended with a bang as 55,365 people saw Mullen’s Bulldogs throttle their instate rivals by a score of 41-27.